31.12.08

I'm an escape artist, not a fucking lumberjack.

It's the end of the world, and everyone is invited, like it or not.

This is the final Piss and Vinegar of 2008. From Max Bemis to Jesse Jackson to Fat Mike to the world at large, so many things were covered in such a short amount of time.

This blog carried a lot of controversy with it, and I'm sure 2009 will have it's own fair share. My only resolution is to update more, and finish writing this book which is so close, I can taste it.

Be safe everyone, and if you're gonna drink...do it somewhere where you can spend the night. No one wants to start off the New Year dead. Unless you're suicidal...then I stand corrected.

In keeping with the theme of how this year has been nothing but a shit salad, all my plans have fallen through. This always seems to happen to me.

I escaped this year. I lost a lot of people along the way, I made some great friends though, as well.

I've seen what I want to do, and where I want to be by this time next year. I want to work even harder to become everything I aspire for, or at least die trying.

I escaped this year, even when at times I truly didn't want to get back up. I didn't do it alone, either. Thank you to everyone who was there for me when times weren't so great.

I don't know one person who had a great year, and I for one am quite happy to see it go. I have a lot of high hopes for the next year; I'm hoping you do to.

We could all use a win at this point, I think. And I feel like the foundations are coming into place. So make the best of it guys, and drink away the shitty year of 2008. Come tomorrow you get to start it all over again. Hoorah!

So here we go!

Armageddon-outta-here, 2009 and beyond!

-Aaron Hale.

1 comment:

nick said...

Thanks man. For the kind words you left on my blog, its really great to see someone reading my blog. I will definitely post up some pictures soon.

And of course, the obligatory Happy New Year!